Last Updated December 23, 2015
HireVue is committed to protecting the integrity and privacy of personal information provided to HireVue’s digital talent interaction platform (the “Service”). This policy describes the types of information HireVue collects, and the ways in which HireVue uses and discloses that information.
Information HireVue Collects
- User-Provided Personal Information: HireVue provides a platform enabling job candidates (“Candidates”), employees (“Employees”) and employers (“Employers”) to engage in a variety of interactive application, interview, training and evaluation activities. In using the platform, users may provide information generally called personally identifiable information (“Personally Identifiable Information”). For example, in addition to providing standard profile information, including name, address, phone number, and other similar information, job candidates complete a HireVue Interview created by a potential employer which can include information such as work history, skills, experience, abilities, work style and other responses to questions, and submissions of a variety of types of media including video and / or audio interview, coding challenges, training exercises, and the like.
- “Cookies” Information: When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. HireVue may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Service, the pages you view on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service.
The Way HireVue Uses Information: HireVue may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways in the operation of the Service and our business, such as:
- HireVue may use the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Service, and personalize the Service for your preferences and interests. We may use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, or regarding content that you have posted to the Service.
- HireVue may use the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- HireVue may now or in the future use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of application and evaluation activities; (c) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of users, pages and media and features of the Service accessed, etc.; and (d) track your entries, submissions, and status, including the ways in which you may interact with the Service.
- HireVue may use your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information to send email related to the Service we think you may be interested in. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the Service.
When HireVue Discloses Information: We are not in the business of selling your Personally Identifiable Information! We do, however, disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of circumstances in the ordinary course of operating our business, such as:
- The Service is fundamentally a platform for connecting Employers with Candidates or Employees, and as such, Personally Identifiable Information provided by Candidates or Employees will be shared with the applicable Employer(s). Automatically Collected Information collected by HireVue may also be shared with Employer(s).
- HireVue makes certain reporting tools available to users of the Service to review and select applications and opportunities, analyze and understand usage metrics with respect to such applications and opportunities.
- HireVue may make certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-Personally-Identifiable Information to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service, as well as to provide a variety of different analytics, such as success metrics, uniqueness scores for submitted materials, and other statistical and analytical results derived from the information you may submit to the Service.
- HireVue works with third party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, transcription, data processing, and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to HireVue, these third parties may have access to or process your Personally Identifiable Information. Generally, HireVue’s policy is to make these disclosures under limitations comparable to those in this policy, although certain large service providers, such as large hosting providers, do not include such limitations in the standard terms they offer. Certain third parties who we provide your Personally Identifiable Information authorize certain government and law enforcement agencies access to information stored by such third parties without providing notice to HireVue, in some cases as required by law and in other cases voluntarily, and HireVue has no control over such activities.
- HireVue may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), or in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with investigative or law enforcement activity.
- HireVue also reserves the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect HireVue and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service; or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of HireVue, our users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personally Identifiable Information with HireVue, in which case HireVue may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information or other Personally Identifiable Information you may have provided by contacting HireVue at email@example.com. Please note that while your changes will be promptly reflected in active user databases, users that have previously accessed the content may still have access to copies cached on their device, and we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. Further, derivative and analytical data derived from or based on the information you submit will be retained and may be used for all purposes.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third Party Services:
The Service contains references and links to Web sites and services provided by third parties, including Employers. Any Personally Identifiable Information you provide on third party sites or services (including communications between Candidates or Employees and Employers through the Service) is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
HireVue is not an information technology security service provider. While we do employ certain limited physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to help improve the integrity and security of our systems and the data stored on our systems, no physical or technical system, process, transmission, or storage mechanism is completely secure or immune from outages, losses, attacks, circumvention, design or implementation flaws, and human error. Therefore, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant that information you transmit to HireVue will not be lost or compromised, either during or after transmission.
If HireVue learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. HireVue may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at privacy@HireVue.com.
Depending on a variety of factors including but not limited to your location, the location of the Employer you may be interviewing or conducting training with or the location of the job you have or are interviewing for, the Service may be hosted in either the United States or the European Union. If you choose to use the Service from other regions of the world outside the United States or the EU, as applicable, where laws governing data collection and use may differ from U.S. and/or EU law, then please note that you are transferring your Personally Identifiable Information outside of those regions to the United States or European Union (as applicable) for storage and processing, and by providing your Personally Identifiable Information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
Affiliates; In the Event of Merger or Sale:
HireVue may now or in the future be affiliated directly or indirectly with other companies, such as parent companies and subsidiaries (and their parent companies and subsidiaries), and reserves the right to transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to any of these affiliated companies. In the event that all or a portion of HireVue or its assets is acquired by or merged with a third party entity or is subject to a change of control all or a portion of the data and information in HireVue’s systems may be one of the assets involved in such transaction, and we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign all or a portion of the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
HireVue Contact Information:
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, or issue a complaint, contact us at:
10876 South River Front Parkway, Suite 500
South Jordan, Utah 84095
Headquarters: 800.655.4106 Fax: 1.888.619.4053