You come to a conference so you can leave better than you came.
You come to feel inspired, get educated, become informed, and to create authentic connections with people in your industry who are making a difference. HireVue Horizon is meticulously planned and organized to be the culmination of everything a talent acquisition conference should be. Why? Because it’s built around you, the attendee.
Devoted to offering you an exquisite experience, we invite you to consider these 10 reasons to attend this year’s HireVue Horizon on October 9th-11th, in Savannah, Georgia.
“I’m looking forward to Horizon because HireVue is known industrywide for innovation. Be it the groundbreaking product, best of breed marketing or carefully crafted user conferences, HireVue always innovates. So, I’m geeked to see how they raise their own bar. Let the games begin.” – William Tincup, President of RecruitingDaily.com
1. Your Peers are Going – and Speaking
Over 25 industry-leading organizations are sending their TA leadership to speak at Horizon and share their unique approaches to recruiting. Plan to hear from brands like:
- Delta Airlines
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Interstate Batteries
- Florida Hospital
- Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Southern California Edison
- Mattress Firm
- Bank of America
- Grant Thorton UK
- Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Keurig Dr Pepper
- British Petroleum
- and more!
With over 20 thought-provoking breakout sessions led by your peers, you’ll walk away with profound new ways of thinking about how to tackle recruiting’s biggest challenges.
2. Don’t Just Hear the Speakers, Brainstorm With Them
The best part about hearing your peers speak at HireVue Horizon? You’ll get to pick their brains.
Where at other conferences you’ll be lucky to sneak in a question, Horizon creates opportunities specifically for you to learn and grow as a recruiting leader. Breakout sessions are close-knit and intimate; participation is encouraged. We’ve built time into the schedule so you can get your questions answered and swap ideas.
32 of the 37 speakers at Horizon represent HR and talent acquisition departments from organizations across industries. We’re confident you’ll learn a diverse mix of tactics, strategies, and perspectives that will empower your TA team back home.
3. Designed for Networking
While many conferences encourage networking, they don’t make it easy. Sure, you might meet a new person here or there, but your chances of running into them again and building a real relationship are slim.
Networking isn’t something you go and do, it’s something that happens as a byproduct of creating a genuine connection with someone.
We get this. It’s why we put a cap on attendance long before we run out of chairs. Close-knit settings foster an environment for meaningful connections because they happen over time, over multiple encounters.
Serendipitously bumping into the same person twice isn’t typical at a large conference. This is why, at Horizon, we keep attendance numbers low and the attendee level high so you can make authentic and meaningful connections with the best in the business.
We also help attendees make meaningful connections with like-minded professionals by organizing lunch groups by industry. Conversations quickly shift from exchanging information to exchanging ideas when you’re connecting with professionals who live and breathe your industry.
4. A World-Class Speaker Lineup
Outside your talent acquisition peers, we’ve arranged a diverse array of captivating speakers to challenge and inspire you.
- A Record-Setting Astronaut. Captain Scott Kelly is a history-making American astronaut who paved the way for future travel; he is currently working with NASA on how space affects the human body.
- A Recruiting Visionary. Amber Grewal is the VP of Global Talent Acquisition at IBM, where she is leading the transformation of recruiting in the cognitive era.
- A Behavioral Economist. Zoe Chance is a professor at the Yale School of Management, where she teaches about the science of influence and persuasion.
- A Globe-Trotting CEO. Mike Walsh is the CEO of global consultancy Tomorrow, where he researches and advises companies on how to thrive in the 21st century.
- A Candidate Experience Evangelist. Jennifer Carpenter is the VP of Global Talent Acquisition at Delta Airlines, famous for their award-winning candidate experiences.
You probably won’t ever find a more eclectic and insightful group of keynote speakers.
5. Meals are On the House
At Horizon, you’ll be served breakfast, lunch, and dinner catered by award winning chefs. Every meal will have vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy free options to make choices easy.
On Monday and Wednesday nights, dinner is served during our opening receptions and closing night parties so you can mix, mingle, and enjoy gourmet southern fare. On Tuesday night, you will come hungry and leave inspired after our Awards dinner, highlighting some of our best and brightest customers. Horizon evenings are packed with a variety of entertainment ranging from live performance music, novelty acts, cocktails and more.
While other conferences keep you sequestered in an event center, we’ll take you out on the town to some of Savannah’s most popular destinations.
On top of each meal, you’ll be treated with well-timed coffee and refreshment breaks each day.
6. Something for the Morning People, and the Not So Morning People
For the early risers we’ll be hosting both a Sunrise Yoga class (inclusive to both novice and advanced yogis) and a high fitness bootcamp (led by a personal trainer, not a drill instructor).
For those of you looking for your beauty rest, we had you in mind when we selected the 4-star, best-in-class Westin Savannah hotel. With their accommodating staff and our 9 AM morning start time, you’ll have everything you need to sleep like royalty.
7. Award-Winning Accommodations
Beyond the agenda, the Westin Savannah – ranked by USA Today as one of America’s Top 10 Hotels – seamlessly blends urban accessibility with excellent resort amenities including:
- Golf at a PGA Championship course
- Treatments at the Heavenly Spa
- Riverfront pool in Savannah’s year-round temperate climate
- Complimentary hotel shuttle to enjoy Savannah’s historical attractions
- Dynamic restaurants and exciting nightlife
If by the end of the conference, you still need to scratch that vacation itch, we’ll discount the remainder of your stay at the Westin Savannah for as long as you’d like to stay.
8. Upgrade Your Entire Recruiting Team
Recruiting transformation doesn’t happen alone. We don’t just want Horizon to improve you individually, we want it to improve your entire department.
Because your team must unanimously understand something before they can collectively implement it, department change starts with learning together and catching the same vision. What you’ll learn at Horizon, when put into practice as a team, will bring far more benefit to your organization than if you’re the only one putting it into practice.
Because organizations stand to benefit far greater by having their teams attend, HireVue is offering two promotions: Buy 3, Get 1 Free and Buy 4, Get 2 Free.
Giving a team the opportunity to learn and grow together is something the best organizations can’t afford not to do.
(Already bought into the Buy 3, Get 1 Free promo? Upgrade to Buy 4, Get 2 Free anytime. Contact your rep for details.)
9. It’s a HireVue Conference About Talent Acquisition, Not a Talent Acquisition Conference About HireVue
Let’s discuss what HireVue Horizon isn’t. While some speakers will address how HireVue can best be used and optimized for your organization, Horizon is not a sales pitch.
We’ve all attended conference sessions that feel more like a prolonged product plug than a presentation. Horizon seeks to deemphasize the transactional and emphasize the strategic leaving you feeling like you’ve been taught, not pitched.
10. Our Most Comprehensive Conference Yet
From Sri Lanka to Sweden, from astronauts to VPs, Horizon 2018 brings you thought leaders that come from a variety of personal and professional backgrounds. And they’re tackling the big issues:
- The future of AI in hiring: where we are and where we’re going;
- How organizations are building inclusive & diverse workplaces;
- Transformative change, and how to lead it;
- How to design candidate-centric hiring processes;
- And much, much more.
Without a doubt, this is our most comprehensive conference to date.
One of the reasons we changed the name of our annual conference from Digital Disruption to Horizon is because we want to always look forward and push the boundaries of what we think is possible.
We cordially invite you to join us.