As a Solution Architect at HireVue I often hear about organizations wanting to push their ATS platform to do more through integration partners that allow them to adopt a “fewer, better, bigger” approach to their tech stack.
I always advise our customers to focus on getting the process right first before they start looking at technology. However, once you are ready to do this, you should find a partner who can compliment your current systems by plugging gaps. They should be able to offer more than what you need today – preparing you for the unknown challenges of tomorrow.
One of the ATS’s that I work with a lot is SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting. It’s a fantastic module to core HRIS that really helps organizations manage full recruitment processing. HireVue is a SAP Silver Partner having deployed 50+ integrations to SuccessFactors. Available on the SAP Store, HireVue enhances SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting with industry-leading video interviewing, modern assessment, and conversational AI capabilities through web or text.
HireVue allows SuccessFactors customers to work from within one system, automate manual tasks, and deliver a standout experience to both candidates and recruiters.
Regardless of where you are on your journey, or the type of journey you’re looking to create, there are several critical considerations that you should follow. Below are my 5 main takeaways on how to create a seamless hiring experience using SuccessFactors and HireVue.
1. Identify a true partner (not just another vendor)
There are several key characteristics that you should look for when searching for technology to enhance your SuccessFactors Recruiting instance. If you don’t select the right partner, then integrations can take up unnecessary time and resources and leave you with a process that is a hindrance rather than a help.
- Technology: minimize risk and delays by selecting a proven vendor that has experience within your industry and is able to reference the solutions they have provided in similar projects and offer the ability to talk to these references.
- Team: you want an experienced project team that is open to looking beyond the product roadmap with you and who proactively pushes you to optimize each step in your process. A diverse project team will ensure a successful integration and deployment.
- SuccessFactors Partner: aside from the vendor solving your pain points and their project teams delivering outstanding service, make sure the technology you integrate is fully aligned and partnering with SuccessFactors. This will ensure the integration is fully-supported from all sides and will automatically evolve with the features and updates planned by both vendors.
Watch below to learn why global SuccessFactors users partner with HireVue.
You can watch the full video with Vestas here.
2. Attract and empower candidates
Creating a process that helps you to maximize your reach and convey a strong EVP will help attract candidates and fill your funnel with as much diverse talent as possible. With not all candidates progressing to latter stages in your process, providing a quality experience to all will help ensure your company is spoken about positively.
- Website: a website needs smart search functionalities powered by your ATS to make the process as frictionless as possible.
- AI: use the power of AI and chatbots to learn about a candidate’s skills and surface job opportunities to them which the candidate may have previously filtered themselves out of. This is a more engaging experience and also gives the candidate an element of control.
- Empowerment: enabling candidates to also ask questions, using AI or a chatbot, will help someone understand more about the role, your culture, and reduce the risk of a new starter exiting the business early.
3. A balanced application
A lot of application processes are too long and complex, limiting the number of candidates you will engage. The digital experience for a consumer is now so strong that your future stars have been conditioned to expect a fast and simple method when engaging with a brand – or applying for a job.
- Balance: make your process too simple and you will receive a lot of poor quality applications. Make it too hard and you could potentially miss out on future talent. Build a process that strikes an appropriate balance for the role.
- Speed: ensure your process isn’t tedious and that you’re not asking candidates to repeat steps or re-enter information. You can use parsing technology and smart drop-downs to speed up the process.
- Relevant: only ask questions that are specific to the role or stage in the process. These can be delivered to a device via SMS or WhatsApp and used for immediate and automated screening.
4. Supercharge your hiring process
Many companies are now seeking to create a fully-digital end-to-end hiring journey. Often driven by a desire for greater efficiency and to ultimately provide a consistent and science-backed way to identify the best talent. A robust screening and interview process sits at the heart of your journey, with the latest integrations now automatically pushing data into SuccessFactors Recruiting, your team only needs to spend their time in one system.
- Assessments: game-based assessments allow hiring managers to better gauge future candidate success while minimizing bias. You can measure a candidate’s potential and job fit through gamified assessments linked to job-relevant competencies. This can also be used for internal mobility and to assess leadership potential.
- On-demand video: provide your candidates with the ability to conduct a video interview at a convenient time, location and at their own pace. Recruiters can then review the interviews on their terms too and bring colleagues into the process, helping to improve quality and reduce bias. By making the process more flexible you will increase speed as you no longer need to schedule telephone interviews.
- Job previews: on-demand technology can also be used to show videos that give a realistic preview of a job and the culture of a company, and to then ask candidates questions on what they have seen.
- Live video interview: Web conferencing tools, like Teams or Zoom, are great for seeing people remotely but are not a substitute for an interviewing platform where fairness and bias are essential. Using the correct tools will enable data compliance for interview feedback and provide an in-screen ability to collaborate with fellow interviewers. You will also be able to present a much more branded experience to candidates and allow them to self-schedule from time’s that you make available.
You can watch the full video with Vestas here.
5. The offer
In today’s competitive business world, experienced hires might come with a 3 – 6 month notice period. Graduate hires might receive an offer up to one year before they start a role. So it’s essential that you keep in regular dialogue with your new hires and use this time wisely to share information and updates as part of their pre-boarding.
- One system: one of the benefits of using the SuccessFactors system in partnership with HireVue is that you have all of your relevant data in one place. You can remind the new hire about background checks, deliver training or just to keep the candidate warm and engaged. This guarantees a more seamless experience without having to ask the candidate to search for information or reaching out to the recruiting team for updates.
- Automation: use the capability of the latest hiring technology to take care of manual tasks which often fall to hiring managers, or to prompt them so they are not forgotten. This will allow your teams to focus on more high-value activities.
- Text-powered: make it easy to stay in touch with your candidates by being where they are – SMS or WhatsApp. These can be used to stay in touch or gather references. Changing jobs is a defining moment in people’s lives, so even if it is minimal, maintaining contact and giving the best first impression of your company is now a “must have”.
What do TA leaders think of HireVue for SuccessFactors? Watch the video below.
For full information on the HireVue for SuccessFactors Recruiting integration, and to speak with a Solution Consultant about enhancing your SuccessFactors capability, please visit us here.