From start-ups to stalwarts, campus recruiting is a big deal. Think about all you read about attracting “top talent” and getting “top performers” to apply to your organization. Chances are you’ve invested substantially in initiatives designed to attract talent with a knack for knocking it out of the park.
College recruiting levels the playing field.
For organizations with fewer funds to throw behind talent-attraction initiatives, this is the perfect opportunity to gain a leg up on larger competitors. For industry-leading enterprises, it’s a chance to expand an existing talent advantage.
The College Recruiting Game Has Changed: You Need a New Playbook
Does your college recruiting process look like this?
If it does, you might be behind.
The organizations acing college recruiting are not meeting students on campus. They’re making offers there.
If you can engage students and identify the top graduate talent before visiting campus, you can close them before your competitors even show up. While other organizations are meeting students for the first time, you’ll be giving them job offers.
The career fair takes on a whole new meaning: rather than students learning about your open roles, you’ll be filling them.
The best part is that this is exactly what today’s graduate expects.
Today’s Graduate Expects More: The Paradigm Shift
Today’s graduate expects engagement at multiple online touchpoints. While engaging with students virtually is a great experience for them, it’s also a great opportunity for you to evaluate their potential before meeting them in person.
Consider the mindset of today’s students (and tomorrow’s workforce):
- 92% used social media during the college application process. (Schneider & Associates, 2014)
- 75% say the smartphone is their device of choice. (IBM, 2016)
- 62% will not use an app or website that is hard to navigate. (IBM, 2016)
- 50%+ prefer to chat digitally. (JWT Intelligence, 2012)
Needless to say, recruiting the today’s graduate poses its own unique recruiting challenges. That’s why we put together the College Recruiting Playbook 2.0.
Based on previously unpublished survey data and what we’ve seen in the field, the College Recruiting Playbook 2.0 provides a step-by-step, data-driven approach to securing the best graduate talent for your organization.
The Playbook will show you:
- How to identify and close top graduate talent before your competitors even arrive on campus.
- How identifying the best talent is synergistic with considering students from more schools.
- How to create unique hiring strategies that work for your organization and appeal to top grads.
- A four-step guide for accomplishing all of the above.
What happens when you engage students and identify top talent before visiting campus?