More users have accessed the web over mobile devices than desktops and laptops so far this year. But alarmingly, a recent study found that only 7% of employers have a mobile version of their career website and only 3% of employers have a mobile job app (source: Mashable).
Once considered a fad, "mobile" has completely upended the way we work. It's transforming recruiting, impacting everything from how recruiters and hiring managers collaborate to how candidates find jobs. Mobile recruiting was recently labeled "the next big transformational event in recruiting" by the good folks at Recruiter.com. Here are 5 reasons we agree:
1. Hiring Managers (Your Clients) Are Mobile – 91% of mobile workers use a smartphone for work and 60% of workers say they don't need to be in the office in order to be productive.
2. Candidates Are Mobile – Nearly 70% of jobseekers would like to use their phone for career related purposes.
3. Work is Mobile – Smartphone ownership has more than doubled in the past 2 years with mobile email traffic increasing 36% in the last year while web-based email traffic declined 6%.
4. Social is Mobile, So is Video – More than half of mobile data traffic is from video; and more users access Facebook and Twitter from mobile devices than their desktops and laptops.
5. Mobile Increases Productivity – 75% of organizations reported increased productivity from the deployment of mobile applications.
Still relying on "big-box browsers?" While we were busy working, it just walked out the door. How are you catching up?